2021 Safety Measures and COVID Mitigation
Things will certainly look a little different this year for the in-person events, but our #1 goal is to be able to provide safe in-person experience for racers, volunteers and partners and decisions and requirements are based on that goal along with adhering to local and CDC guidelines pertaining to COVID-19. In order to be successful, we need to work collectively to do our parts and adhere to the modified GNT rules and requirements for a successful and positive race experience for everyone.
Some key COVID management measures for 2021 are listed below. More details on COVID management plans will be available closer to the event dates.
- There will be no spectators permitted at any 2021 in-person GNT events.
- Volunteers and other partners at the event will be required to wear masks at all times.
- Racers will be required to wear masks at all times except when actively racing.
- Switched to a snake swim format (in the live event) to allow for better distancing and reduced volunteer needs in the pool area.
- Expanded transition that will allow for 6’+ distancing between racer’s assigned transition spots.
- Wave starts for the in-person stand-alone run on May 15.
- Increased sanitization measures throughout the venues.
- To-go finisher food and hydration packet.
More details on COVID management plans will be available closer to the event dates.