Registration is now closed.
In-Person and Virtual Fees:
$72.00* – Adults 18 & over
$36.00* – Youth ages 10 – 17
$100.00 – Additional for Lane Bid (there are 240 lane bids available)
*Race fees do not include USAT licensing fees. See below.
Note: Age is based on what age you are on 12/31/2022, not your age at the time of registration or race date.
MANAGE YOUR REGISTRATION
Racers are empowered to manage many aspects of their registration once registered. This is done directly from your RunSignUp account. Read the step-by-step instructions to Step-by-Step Guide to Manage your Registration for the following changes (and more):
- Adding Virtual Event Results
- Updating emergency contact info
- Resending your original registration email confirmation
- and more!
Gold Nugget Triathlon uses RunSignUp (RSU) for registration, the same platform we have used for the last several years. Many of you will recognize it as it is also used by many events across the country and in Alaska. If you have registered or been on the GNT waitlist in the last several years you most likely already have a RSU account/profile.
Pre-registration, “PRE-REG” or Phase 1, will be super easy and quick. You do not need a RSU profile for the PRE-REG phase (if you would like to, feel free to create a RSU profile prior). All you will need to sign anyone up during the PRE-REG phase is the racer’s last name, first name, date of birth, and to approve the waiver. It’s just that easy!
Once you have successfully conquered the PRE-REG phase, you receive your unique link to register for the second phase, or “FULL-REG” phase. If you have not already does so, at this point you can build a RunSignUp account/profile for yourself or a user under 18-years old. The FULL-REG phase will last for 2 weeks so you will have plenty of time to complete your registration. You can be one with your computer and relax!
We strongly encourage you not to wait until the last minute to complete the FULL registration. You never know what could happen that could pull you away from your computer and prevent you from actually completing your registration. Best to get it done early!
- 3/1/2022 – 8:00 p.m. | Pre-Registration ( or Phase 1) opens. You do not need to have a RSU profile to register; although it may be quicker and easier if you do (create a RSU profile).
- The ‘REGISTER HERE’ button will be posted on the GNT website at 8:00 p.m.. There will be no link coming in an email. You will actually have to link to the registration site from the GNT website.
- 3/2/2022 – 8:00 p.m. | Full-Registration (or Phase2) opens. Once you have successfully made it through the pre-registration phase you will receive another email with a unique registration link at about 7:45 p.m. on 3/2/2022 that will allow you to access to the full registration form that opens at 8:00 p.m. that same day. You will have until 3/15/2022 at 8:00 p.m. to complete your registration. PLEASE NOTE: Registration for the Virtual Events open on March 2, 2022 @ 8:00 p.m. during the “Full-registration” process. You can sit back and relax on March 1st as you do not need to PRE-REG for the Virtual events.
- 3/15/2022 – 8:00 p.m. | deadline to complete the full registration. If your registration is not completed by 8:00 p.m. on 3/15/2022 your link will no longer work, and we will begin clearing names from the waitlist. You can add your name to the waitlist if you were too late and missed completing your registration.
- 3/15/2022 | waitlist clearing begins. As we have open availability we will begin clearing names off of the waitlist. Watch your emails often. Once we clear a name from the waitlist that person will receive a link to register. That link will only be usable for 24 hours.
- 4/15/2022 | all registration is closed. No additional waitlist names will be cleared after this date.
The Gold Nugget Triathlon will not deny participation because of financial need. Our goal is that all girls and women can participate, regardless of income. For more information on financial assistance, contact the Gold Nugget Board of Directors no later than February 21, 2022. Any financial arrangements do not guarantee entry into the race.
You must successfully complete “Pre-Reg” or “Phase One” of the registration process on March 1, 2022. If you receive a slot and are pre-approved for a GNT scholarship, a GNT Board member will contact you with details to complete your registration.
Scholarship Application is available here.Applications must be received no later than Friday, February 21, 2022 at 8:00 p.m.
USAT MEMBERSHIP FEES
USAT is the sanctioning organization that provides GNT with the insurance needed to put on a race such as this. Known as a license or membership, this is a fee paid by each racer to participate.
$50.00/year or $15.00 for a one-day license
Youth (18 and under)
Youth licenses/memberships are handled a bit differently than adults. Instead of a one-day license option (like the adults), USAT grants all Youth an annual membership for the same cost of a one-day license. Year-long memberships come with many benefits; the most significant being that their one fee paid allows them to race in as many USAT sanctioned events as they want within that year-long period. For our Youth, in Alaska alone, that is a major benefit as we have many kids/youth triathlons (Gold Nugget Triathlon, Why-Not-Tri, Turnagain Training events and more). Parents, if you did not know this already, make sure you use your youth’s membership number every time you register them for an event. You do not need to purchase a separate license/membership (as you may have thought) for each and every registration.
Youth & Adults.
As with all USAT memberships, an integrated registration system, like the one used by GNT (i.e. RunSignUp), is able to determine when your current membership will expire. If that membership expires prior to race day, you will be prompted to renew your membership in order to complete your GNT registration. You can do both during the registration process or you can go to your USAT profile and assure you have your membership number and expiration date.
Deferrals received from the the 2020 event that did not happen due COVID were deferred for the 2021 event and have expired. There are no deferrals for 2022.
USAT policy on annual membership
USA Triathlon is a membership-driven organization, and are able to provide the services and benefits that they do because of the support of the nationwide multisport community. A USA Triathlon Annual Membership includes much more than access to USA Triathlon-sanctioned races. Annual members receive support and resources to take their training to the next level via subscriptions to the quarterly USA Triathlon Magazine and weekly Multisport Zone e-newsletter. In addition, members have access to exclusive discounts on industry-leading products and services from corporate partners, as well as member content, resources and education opportunities.
You do not need to assure your membership is valid during the ‘pre-registration’ phase. You will, however, need to have a valid membership (and must supply your USAT membership number) during the ‘full-registration’ phase or be required to pay the one-day license or full year membership at the time of registration.