REGISTRATION IS STILL OPEN.
Visit the GNT registration site to sign up now!
- Those who registered by March 15 (in-person or virtual) are guaranteed the entire/complete SWAG package. But don’t let that deter you from signing up now – chances are good everyone will get the full fun package of SWAG.
- Registration completely closes April 16 or when we meet our registration cap, whichever comes first.
- Virtual triathlon: Registration is open!
- Waitlist: The waitlist will open when registration is full.
Visit the GNT registration site to sign up for the in-person or virtual event now!
2023 REGISTRATION FEES
In-Person and Virtual:
$80.00* – Adults 18 & over
$36.00* – Youth ages 10 – 17
$100.00 – Additional for Lane Bid (100 lane bids available). Lane bids: racers purchasing lane bids will split lanes (rather than snake swimming) and start directly after the top seeded racers. All racers, including lane bids, will swim 400 yards. Lane bid racers will swim in the shallow end of the pool, splitting a lane with another racer; essentially having half of the lane to swim up and back in rather than snake swimming.
*Race fees do not include USAT licensing fees. See below.
Note: Age is based on you age on 12/31/2023, not your age at the time of registration or race date.
MANAGE YOUR REGISTRATION
Racers are empowered to manage many aspects of their registration once registered. This is done directly from your RunSignUp account. Read the step-by-step instructions to Step-by-Step Guide to Manage your Registration for the following changes (and more):
- Adding virtual event results
- Updating emergency contact info
- Resending your original registration email confirmation
- and more!
- 3/1/2023 – 8:00 p.m. | Pre-registration ( PRE-REG or Phase 1) opens. You do not need to have a RSU profile to register; although it may be quicker and easier if you do (create a RSU profile).
- The ‘REGISTER HERE’ button will be posted on the GNT website at 8:00 p.m. There will be no link coming in an email. You will actually have to us the link to the registration site from the GNT website.
- Once you have successfully made it through the pre-registration phase you will receive another email with a unique registration link early on 3/2/2023. You will use this link to register starting on 3/2/2023 @ 8:00 p.m.
- 3/2/2023 – 8:00 p.m. | Full-registration (FULL-REG or Phase 2) opens. If you were successful in registering on 3/1/2023 you will receive a link to complete your registration on 3/2/2023. This link will give you access to the full registration form that opens at 8:00 p.m. on 3/2/2023. Registration will remain open until 3/10/2023 at 8:00 p.m.. You must complete your full registration by this date/time.
- 3/2/2023 – 8:00 p.m | Virtual event registration opens. Registration for the virtual events open on March 2, 2023 @ 8:00 p.m. You can sit back and relax on March 1st as you do not need to PRE-REG for the virtual event.
- 3/4/1023 – 12:00 p.m. | Available spots for the in-person triathlon (public registration) opens. Public Registration will remain open until we have bet our cap.
- 3/10/2023 – 8:00 p.m. | Deadline to complete the full registration. If your registration is not completed by 8:00 p.m. on 3/10/2023 your link will no longer work, and we will begin clearing names from the waitlist. You can add your name to the waitlist if you missed completing your registration by this deadline.. IF YOU MISSED THIS DEADLINE – DON’T FRET – YOU CAN STILL REGISTER UNDER PUBLIC REGISTRATION.
- TBA | Waitlist clearing begins. The Waitlist is currently closed as registration is STILL OPEN. The waitlist will open once we have be our cap in registration. Once it is open, as we have open availability we will begin clearing names off of the waitlist. Watch your emails often. Once we clear a name from the waitlist that person will receive a link to register. That link will only be usable for 24 hours.
- 3/15/2023 | Both in-person and virtual registrtion must be completed in order to be guarenteed the full swag package; however registration will remain open until 4/16 or until we reach our registration cap.
- 4/16/2023 | All registration is closed.
USAT MEMBERSHIP FEES
USAT is the sanctioning organization that provides GNT with the insurance needed to put on a race such as this. Known as a license or membership, this is a fee paid by each racer to participate. Learn more about USAT membership.
$50.00/year or $15.00 for a one-day license
Youth (18 and under)
Youth licenses/memberships are handled a bit differently than adults. Instead of a one-day license option (like the adults), USAT grants all Youth an annual membership for the same cost of a one-day license. Year-long memberships come with many benefits; the most significant being that their one fee paid allows them to race in as many USAT sanctioned events as they want within that year-long period. For youth in Alaska alone this is a major benefit as we have many kids/youth triathlons (Gold Nugget Triathlon, Why Not Tri, Turnagain Training events, and more). Parents, if you did not know this already, make sure you use your youth’s membership number every time you register them for an event. You do not need to purchase a separate license/membership for each and every registration.
Youth & Adults
As with all USAT memberships, an integrated registration system, like the one used by GNT (i.e. RunSignUp), is able to determine when your current membership will expire. If that membership expires prior to race day, you will be prompted to renew your membership in order to complete your GNT registration. You can do both during the registration process or you can go to your USAT profile and assure you have your membership number and expiration date.
USAT Policy on Annual Membership
USA Triathlon is a membership-driven organization, and are able to provide the services and benefits that they do because of the support of the nationwide multisport community. A USA Triathlon Annual Membership includes much more than access to USA Triathlon-sanctioned races. Annual members receive support and resources to take their training to the next level via subscriptions to the quarterly USA Triathlon Magazine and weekly Multisport Zone e-newsletter. In addition, members have access to exclusive discounts on industry-leading products and services from corporate partners, as well as member content, resources and education opportunities.
If you have questions regarding USAT membership, visit the USAT website or contact them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 719.995.2807
You do not need to verify that your membership is valid during the ‘pre-registration’ phase. You will need to have and provide a valid USAT membership during the ‘full-registration’ phase or be required to pay the one-day license or full year membership at the time of registration.
The Gold Nugget Triathlon will not deny participation due to financial need. Our goal is that all girls and women can participate, regardless of income. Any financial arrangements do not guarantee entry into the race.
Complete the GNT scholarship application no later than Friday, February 21, 2023 at 8:00 p.m. The GNT Board will review applications and notify recipients by 8:00 p.m. on February 23, 2023. Selected recipients will receive an email with a link to register for the 2023 Gold Nugget Triathlon on February 23, 2023.. The link will be good immediately and will remain open until the registration capacity is met.