MONDAY, MARCH 2, 2020 at 8:00 p.m. Registration sells out FAST. Some say that the GNT is really FOUR events: Swim, Bike, Run and Registration.
The ‘Register Here’ link below will access 2020 GNT registration at 8:00 p.m. on March 2nd.
$60.00* – Adults 18 & over
$30.00* – Youth ages 10 – 17
*Race fees do not include USAT licensing fees. See below.
Note: Age is based on what age you are on 12/31/2020, not your age at the time of registration or race date.
Gold Nugget Triathlon (“GNT”‘ will be using RunSignUP.com for registration. It was also used in the 2019 event. Many of you will recognize it as it is also used by many events across the country and in Alaska.
Pre-registration, “PRE-REG”, will be super easy and quick. You do not need a profile for the Pre-Reg phase of registration, however if you would like to, feel free to set one up prior. All you will need to sign anyone up during the PRE-REG phase is their last name, first name, date of birth (DOB’, and you will be asked to approve the waiver. It’s just that easy!
Once you have successfully conquered the PRE-REG phase, and you receive your unique link to register for the second phase, or “FULL-REG” phase, you can build a RunSignUp profile for you or a user under 18-years old at that point. The FULL-REG phase will last for a week so you will have plenty of time to complete your registration. You can be one with your computer and relax!
We strongly encourage you to not wait until the last minute to complete the FULL registration. You never know what could happen that could pull you away from your computer and prevent you from actually completing your registration.
USAT LICENSING FEES: USAT is the sanctioning organization that provides GNT with the insurance needed to put on a race such as this. There are racer fees paid by each racer to participate.
RUN SIGN-UP (the GNT Registrations site’ makes the process transparent, and easier for both racers and the race organizers. They are able to instantly verify membership. Instead of applying a discount to members, non-members have the option to pay the one-day license or register for a full membership at the time of registering. Current USAT members will simply supply their valid USAT membership number at the time of registration.
You do NOT need to assure your membership is valid during the ‘pre-registration’ phase. You will however, need to a valid membership (and must supply your USAT membership number’ during the ‘full-registration’ phase or be required to pay the one-day license or full year membership at the time of registration.
Again, you will not need your USAT number during the pre-registration phase; however, if you are a current member you MUST have it for the full registration phase or pay the one-day license fee at minimum. (yep, had to say it twice!!!)
- 3/2/2020 – 8:00 p.m. – Pre-Registration (Phase 1′ opens. You do not need to have a profile to register although it may be quicker and easier if you do. The link to set up a ‘Run Sign Up’ profile is above. A ‘REGISTER HERE’ button will be posted on the GNT web site at 8 p.m.. There will be no link coming in an email. You will actually have to link to the registration site from the GNT website.
- 3/3/2020 – 8:00 p.m. – Full-Registration (Phase2′ opens. Once you have successfully made it through the pre-registration phase you will receive another email with a unique registration link at about 7:45 p.m. on March 3rd that will allow you to access to the full registration form that opens shortly thereafter at 8:00 p.m. You will have 8 days (or until March 10th @ midnight’ to complete your registration.
- 3/10/2020 – 8:00 p.m. – deadline to complete the full registration. If your registration is not completed by 8:00 p.m. on 3/10/20 your link will no longer work, and we will begin clearing names from the waitlist. You can add your name to the waitlist if you were too late to complete your registration.
- 3/11/2020 – Begin clearing names off of the waitlist, as we have the opportunity to do so.
- 4/19/2020 – Registration is CLOSED.
The Gold Nugget Triathlon will not deny participation because of financial need. Our goal is that all girls and women can participate, regardless of income. For more information on financial assistance, contact the Gold Nugget Board of Directors well before registration. Any financial arrangements do not guarantee entry into the race. You must successfully obtain a registration link during the registration process and then follow further direction from the GNT Board, as arranged prior to the initial registration. Scholarships: Applicants interested in being considered for a GNT Scholarship (to cover the cost of the registration fee’ must register on March 1st and receive a unique web link. If you receive a slot AND are pre-approved for a GNT Scholarship, a GNT Board member will contact you to complete the registration. Scholarship Application is available here. Applications must be received no later than Friday, February 21, 2020 at 8:00 p.m.