Bib assignments/swimmer start times are selected by the following criteria: PLEASE READ ALL INFO BELOW
- ELITE RACERS – 64 of the top seeded racers from the past two years will be selected. These racers will split a lane for the 400-yard swim. Lane Assignments are based on bib number assigned.
- LANE BIDS – Those that purchased lane bids. These racers will split a lane for the 400-yard swim. Racers will be swimming in the shallow end only and will start after the top 64 have completed their swim.
- MOTHER/DAUGHTER & TRI-GEN TEAMS – These M/D and Tri-Gen Teams may requeste to go together if their estimated swim times are the same. Please note: accurate/honest swim estimates are extremely important to the flow of the snake swim; racers will be assigned start times around racers who have similar estimated swim times. This is a 400-yard swim; not a 500-yard swim as in past years. If you insist on going together use the slowest estimated swim time of your team. Please note: if you are a fast swimmer and choose to go at a slower time to stay with your team member we respectfully request you stay with your team member and do not pass other swimmers unless absolutely necessary.
- DEEP OR SHALLOW – By preference of shallow or deep end.
- SWIM TIMES – By estimated swim times provided during the registration process. If you swim time changes from the estimated time you entered at the time of registration, you may change you swim time by going to Manage your registration on the Registration Page of this website.
Please note that bib assignments are more complex, and we do our very best to accommodate preferences noted in registration. Bib assignments are final and we are unable to move racers to another time. If you have very critical concerns regarding your assignment send your request to the race directors at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have critical concerns in performing in the snake swim you have the option of purchasing a lane bid where you may swim side-by-side. Lane bids are limited so you will want to register early!