Bib assignments/swimmer start times are selected by the following criteria: PLEASE READ ALL INFO BELOW
- Top seeded racers from past years. 50 will be selected. These racers will split a lane for the 400-yard swim. Lane Assignments are based on bib number assigned.
- Those that purchased lane bids. These racers will split a lane for the 400-yard swim. Racers will be swimming in the shallow end.
- Mother/Daughter & Tri Gen Teams that requested to go together if, their estimated swim times are the same. Please note: accurate/honest swim estimates are extremely important to the flow of the snake swim; racers will be assigned start times around racers who have similar estimated swim times. This is a 400-yard swim; not a 500-yard swim as in past years. If you insist on going together use the slowest estimated swim time of your team. Please note: if you are a fast swimmer and choose to go at a slower time to stay with your team we respectfully request you stay with your team member and do not pass other swimmers unless absolutely necessary.
- By preference of shallow or deep end.
- By estimated swim times provided during the registration process.
Please note that bib assignments are more complex, and we do our very best to accommodate preferences noted in registration. Bib assignments are final and we are unable to move racers to another time. If you have very critical concerns regarding your assignment send your request to the race directors at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have critical concerns in performing in the snake swim you have the option of purchasing a lane bid where you may swim side-by-side. Lane bids are limited so you will want to register early!