2022 SAFETY MEASURES AND COVID MITIGATION
Our #1 goal is to be able to provide safe in-person experience for racers, volunteers, spectators, and partners. Decisions and requirements for this year’s event are based on that goal while adhering to local and CDC COVID-19 guidelines. To be successful in this goal, we need to work collectively to do our part and adhere to the modified GNT rules and requirements.
Some key COVID management measures for 2022 are listed below. We have all become resilient and adept at adapting to the ever-changing time; we will continue to monitor the situation and more details on COVID management plans will be available closer to the event dates.
- The in-person swim will be a snake swim format to allow for better distancing and reduced volunteer needs in the pool area.
- Transition 1 (T1) will be expanded to allow for additional distancing between racer’s assigned transition spots.
- Increased sanitization measures throughout the venues.
- Racers will receive a “to-go” finisher food and hydration packet.
- Masking is optional for racers, volunteers, and spectators. (yep, spectators are welcome AND we love volunteers……..)