What do I do when I get to the pool building?
- Bib number start times will be posted on the GNT website at least two weeks prior to the event.
- Bib number start times will be posted on race day on the electronic board as you enter the pool building displaying which bib numbers should be on deck and in line.
- Enter the pool building with what you will need for your swim and for your exit to enter Transition 1 to get your bike. Remember, you will not be able to take any gear in with you other then want you are swimming with (cap, goggles, etc.). See the Equipment on the Pool Deck post for more information.
- If you are a seeded or lane bid racer, pick up your swim card at the table located just inside the pool building entrance.
- Wait in the hall until a volunteer indicates it is safe to enter the pool area. Racers will be exiting out the door next to the location you will be entering the pool, so please be safe and listen to the volunteer’s instructions.
- If your bib number has not been called, you may wait in the upstairs spectator viewing area until your bib number group is announced to be on deck. Keep an eye on the electronic displays in the pool area.
- Upon entering the pool deck, you have the option of warming up in the center bulkhead area or crossing the bulkhead and getting in line to swim.
- Please line up numerically by bib number.
- Please abide by all rules of snake swimming.
- If you have purchased a lane bid or seeded in the top 64, you will be splitting a lane and not snake swimming.